Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's Girl Time

I live in a house full of boys and wouldn't trade 'em for the world. However, I have three beautiful nieces who I decided to make some Christmas gifts for and I couldn't be more excited to get a chance to play around with some girly stuff! I found a cute pattern for a reversible bag that I thought might be a good fit for the two older girls. It was super easy to make and turned out pretty good.



Now I'm just working on filling them up with matching accessories! For this wallet I actually used a tutorial for a business card holder but made it long to hold bills flat out. I added a little loop of elastic and still need to add a little button to the front so it can be closed.




On the top edges I added a decorative stitch I can now do
with my new sewing machine. I probably should have practiced with that first because it is a little bit crooked but not too bad. My husband always says some craziness about how its better when it has those little flaws because it makes it more special.
I'm still deciding what other accessories to add. I've got a couple in mind. Be on the lookout for the finished package!


For my youngest niece I picked out this cute butterfly fabric. My plans for her gift is to attempt a twirly skirt and a matching bag. Also I bought a simple white shirt to go with the skirt. I'm going to use the same fabric to do an applique butterfly or letter A for her name on the shirt. I'm very excited for this project and really hoping for it to be a success!



No comments:

Post a Comment