Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Few Finishes

Here are some of the little projects that I've finished recently.
Used up some scraps and made a couple pot holders that I am very pleased with. I even made my own binding for them (a first for me)!
Then I came across this tutorial at Fly Through Our Window for a dish drying mat. It works perfectly for letting bottles dry! Much nicer than throwing down a plain dish towel (sometimes one that's ugly and bleach-stained). My little kitchen is looking cuter and cuter!
I also made a quilted purse. It didn't come out perfect, but it's ok. I didn't have a pattern or tutorial to go by. Just a picture in my head of some similar bags I have seen and liked. So it's a bit crooked in places and my measurments were off when I boxed the corners which made the bottom much smaller than the top. Otherwise not too bad though.

I found a wonderful tutuorial for this pincushion/sewing organizer.
The directions were very well written and easy to follow.

Check out some more at Quiltstory's Fabric Tuesday to see what other much craftier ladies have been working on!




2 comments:

  1. Such cute stuff!! You are so productive, love the dish towel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tote is darling...beautiful things you have here.

    ReplyDelete