Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pretty In Pink



Remember that fabric I showed a few posts back?? Well, here's how I put it to use. A cute little matching set for my youngest niece. It was my first try at the twirly skirt. Of course I browsed through several tutorials to learn how to make them. However, I kinda had it in my head just how I wanted it to look and I just wasn't finding it. Finally, I came across this one and it was perfect. Her instructions were wonderful and made it easy for someone like me who is still pretty new to all this. I think it turned out pretty well! I also got to make the cute little bag and play with some decorative stitches. Now the shirt is a whole different story. The applique was also a first for me (other than pictures I've stitched on before that were perfect squares) and one that did not go so well. The stitches are a disaster! Definitely something to practice with first. She will not be receiving the shirt to go with her set until I decide to try it again after some practice and hopefully have a better outcome.


13 comments:

  1. Oh isn't that the cutest set! The top looks just fine from the photo! Love the swirly skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is this set?!! so cute!!!
    thanks for sharing and have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! What a great little twirly skirt set :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little bag and purse! I'm sure she'll LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little outfit! Love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the set, so adorable! My daughter is currently living in twirly skirts (she's two, and according to her, "pants look silly!" (or funny, or weird, depending on when you ask her)). My favorite one is on pinksuedeshoe's site (she commented above) as it's reversible, so it's like two skirts in one. Yours is so cute, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love these! You've totally inspired me to sew for the little people in our extended family. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! The little bag is awesome! My three-year-old daughter would love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finishes. I love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute set, Laura. Don't be so hard on yourself about the applique. It looks great in the photo -- and I even clicked it to the large size. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very cute set. I am sure she loves it. I am sure the stitches are fine, it is going on a busy child.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks ladies for all the nice comments!

    ReplyDelete