Friday, March 25, 2011

Ragged Squares

I had big plans to make a circle quilt with ragged edges. I saw one somewhere (?) in progress and loved the idea and how the frayed raw edges would turn out. However, I kept putting it off cause I didn't know if I was ready to tackle circles yet. So when I came across a tutorial for a ragged SQUARES quilt at Crazy Mom Quilts, I couldn't wait to get started.
I had a stash af black, red and gray fat quarters that I wanted to use up that I figured would work pretty well for this project.
It was a super easy project and I loved the results! My only regrets being that I don't have a design wall. With three kids and a dog it was difficult to lay the squares out in the floor to determine what should go where. Therefore, there ended up being a lot of colors/same patterns lumped together.

I'm thinking it needs one more good run through the washing machine to make those edges a bit more ragged. It also still needs some strings trimmed, but my little model couldn't wait to snuggle up with it!

5 comments:

  1. Cute! I know what you mean about not having any space to lay things out...I'm in the same position, and even the little bit of space I have, laying it out usually ends up in it being covered in hair. Great job, it looks really snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific quilt! I usually lay out my blocks on our bed and lately I've tried sticking them on the wall with masking tape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! What great colors and a fun design. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fun pattern! Kids love those Mommy made quilts! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete