Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Wonderful 8 Years!

My husband and I recently celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. It's been an amazing journey and I couldn't imagine a more perfect person to be on this journey with. We just had a nice relaxing evening in with a nice romantic dinner ... for 5. :-)

So here's what I made him/us. Pardon my blushing, but I thought they turned out too cute not to share! I think I saw this project sometime around valentines day on one of the linky parties I check out. I am pretty sure this is the link where I saw it the first time. From there I was also led to this site with even more similar ideas that are super cute! I just decided to take it a step further and make "his & her" pillows. So I gathered up a bunch of scraps from my HST quilt I recently made for our room and just started sewing 'em together! I even went all out and quilted them too because I love little projects like this where I can get some easy quilting practice in.

And ta-da! Here's the front of both pillows ...



And here's the back ... Can you guess which one is "his" and which one is "hers"? hehe



Linking up at Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday and at Creative Itch for Sew Cute Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. How cute and funny are those!! :) Love the colors too...we're celebrating 8 years this year too, but we'll have dinner for 4 ;) Thanks for linking to Fabric Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete